[Exim] many different domains to many different users - how?

Author: John
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] many different domains to many different users - how?
Hello list

a n00b question, I am sorry to say, but I am very confused here :(

I have to put many domains onto one machine. Let's call the machine
server.manydomains.net. This machine has several users who need to be
emailname@???.

There are also logins for the various other users who each have their own
domain. They want to receive all mail for their domain, like
*@theirdomain.com to their mailbox. These users just have pop3 logins
and ftp logins, and not a true interactive shell.

I need to find out firstly how I can configure Exim (4.14) to route to
these mailboxes (Exim already accepts mail for these domains because
they are either primary or secondary MX to the server), and secondly,
how to make sure that if the email name part of the name is the same in
the above two examples, that one doesn't go into the others mailbox.

I have tried, according to the FAQ, the following:

[in routers configuration]
special_router_domain1:
driver = accept
domains = userdomain.co.uk
transport = special_transport_domain1

[and then in transports configuration]
   special_transport_domain1:
     driver = appendfile
     file = /var/mail/domain1 <- this is the user login
     envelope_to_add
     return_path_add
     delivery_date_add
     user = mailnull (this is FreeBSD and this is exim_user)

but when I spoof a mail to from the server to user@???, it
doesn't appear in their mail. I get an error in the mainlog saying
'unroutable address user@???'. Can anyone help?

cheers
--
John - jfm@??? - http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm