Re: [Exim] SPF

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SPF
>From: Ron McKeating <R.J.Mckeating@???>
>Subject: [Exim] SPF
>To: EximUser List <exim-users@???>
>Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:08:33 +0000
>
>Any thoughts about the SPF stuff that AOL are pushing. See
>http://spf.pobox.com/
>
>There is a patch for exim available from
>http://spf.pobox.com/exim4.spf.acl-2.03.txt
>
>Has anybody used this. It sounds like an awfully good idea, but I
>would like to know how widely it is likely to be accepted.

The last time I looked it badly broke mail forwarding. I regard
that as unacceptable, especially as it was possible to construct
scenarios where innocent third parties got clobbered. There are
other disadvantages, many of which have been aired on this list.

I *might* consider using it if others advertise it for their mail
domain(s). But I'd certainly have to think long and hard before
using it for my mail domains.