Re: [Exim] Installation questions on FreeBSD

Author: Igor Karpov
To: M. K. Agbessitse
CC: Enoch Chan, exim-users, exim-users-admin
Subject: Re: [Exim] Installation questions on FreeBSD
M. K. Agbessitse wrote:
> Those are procedures I used to run exim on my FreeBSD 4.8
> It would work on any Unix OS. All that you have to look for is how to create
> a group and user called exim since some OS uses "adduser" and some "useradd"

Alright, it will work. But FreeBSD (as well as NetBSD and OpenBSD) has
ports system, which makes all these efforts in vain. Why for the sake of
God you have to repeat all the steps the port does itself? And why to
add users if OS is ready to use mailnull and mail?