Re: [Exim] cyrus and lmtp sockets

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: Igor Karpov
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] cyrus and lmtp sockets
* Igor Karpov [2004-01-26 16:10]:
> Iain_Gray@??? wrote:
> >HI
> >
> >I have exim 4.30 running and I want to direct all localusers to a cyrus
> >imap server using lmtp.
> >
> >my local_delivery transport is
> >
> >local_delivery:
> >        driver = lmtp
> >command = "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -l"
> >batch_max = 20
> >user = cyrus

> >This delivers to a local lmtp, but my problem is I want to deliver to a
> >cyrus lmtp on another machine and I have no idea how to do this.
> >
> >Is there anyone who has delivered with lmtp to another host running cyrus
> >imapd?
> # Transport
>
> local_delivery_cyrus:
> driver = smtp
> protocol = lmtp
> return_path_add
> delivery_date_add
> hosts = mail.minjust.gov.ua
> hosts_require_auth = mail.minjust.gov.ua
>
> # Authentificator
>
> auth_cram:
> driver = cram_md5
> public_name = CRAM-MD5
> client_name = yourclientname
> client_secret = yourpassword
>
> You must to specify yourclientname among other admins in imapd.conf to
> let it deliver mail in different mailboxes.

No need to do so.

Just grant "anyone" "p" rights on the mailboxes. Or you can set
authenticated_sender to contain the username of the owner of the mailbox
and in that case you do not even need to grant "anyone" any rights on
the mailbox.

See my reply to the OP:

    http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20040126/065404.html

(Note that I am using Cyrus 2.2 with virtual domain support - that is
why my authenticated_sender contains the username and the domain.)

--
Kirill Miazine
mailto:km@krot.org