[ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org: Re: [Exim] 2 bugs I think]

Author: Peter D. Gray
To: exim-users
Subject: [ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org: Re: [Exim] 2 bugs I think]
>>> If -oee is used, exim still exits with a non-zero error
>>> code even though a bounce is generated to the sender
>>> if there is a problem. I can understand that a non-zero
>>> code should be returned if a problem occurs and a bounce
>>> cannot be generated, but if the error is handled by
>>> a bounce, the exit code should be zero. This is causing
>>> me problems.

[...]
>> I cannot reproduce that, at least not as simply as you suggest:

[...]

Hmmm... looks like I screwed that up. The first bug (not accepting
trailing dot in addresses) probably got me confused during my testing.

So there appears to be just the one bug which
is that with

strip_trailing_dot = true

/usr/lib/exim -f local@my_domain.

still fails with exit code 1.

Regards,
pdg

--

See mail headers for contact information.