Re: [Exim] cyrus and lmtp sockets

Author: Igor Karpov
To: Iain_Gray
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] cyrus and lmtp sockets
Iain_Gray@??? wrote:
> HI
>
> I have exim 4.30 running and I want to direct all localusers to a cyrus
> imap server using lmtp.
>
> my local_delivery transport is
>
> local_delivery:
>         driver = lmtp
> command = "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -l"
> batch_max = 20
> user = cyrus

> This delivers to a local lmtp, but my problem is I want to deliver to a
> cyrus lmtp on another machine and I have no idea how to do this.
>
> Is there anyone who has delivered with lmtp to another host running cyrus
> imapd?

# Transport

local_delivery_cyrus:
driver = smtp
protocol = lmtp
return_path_add
delivery_date_add
hosts = mail.minjust.gov.ua
hosts_require_auth = mail.minjust.gov.ua

# Authentificator

auth_cram:
driver = cram_md5
public_name = CRAM-MD5
client_name = yourclientname
client_secret = yourpassword

You must to specify yourclientname among other admins in imapd.conf to
let it deliver mail in different mailboxes.

I also have

trusted_users = cyrus

in Main section. I cannot say for sure now, but I believe I've inserted
this for some sieve features like vacation...