Re: [Exim] Extra line from -bt after changing lookup config

Author: Stian Grytøyr
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Extra line from -bt after changing lookup config
"Luzynski, Steve" <steve.luzynski@???> writes:

| It looks like your AD query is returning multiple email
| addresses, which is fairly typical - many AD setups have more
| than one email address in them, especially if they were
| migrated from an NT 4.0 environment. One is generally the old
| NT4 short login name and the other is generally the actual
| email address.

This pointed me in the right direction. Although each ldap lookup
can return only one value, I discovered that the system_aliases
router is run twice, one for stian.grytoyr and one for stian.

With eDirectory, the last lookup returned nothing, but for various
reasons we have <username>@nr.no defined as an alias in AD, so
the last query also returns something.

So problem solved, or at least understood. Thanks!

But I'm still not quite sure what a result such as this means:

   stian@???
       <-- stian@???
       <-- stian.grytoyr@???
     router = procmail, transport = procmail_pipe

Do the two <-- lines simply mean that there were two levels of
"nesting" involved to look up the ultimate destination address?

| You didn't list your configuration out to have a look at, but
| this is what I'm doing in a router for incoming email to make
| sure that the email address the message is addressed to
| actually matches to a person:

My configuration is very similar to yours, and the AD query is
almost identical:

   system_aliases:
     driver = redirect
     allow_fail
     allow_defer
     data = ${lookup ldap\
           {user="cn=user,cn=Users,dc=company,dc=com" pass="password" \
            ldap:///cn=Users,dc=company,dc=com?sAMAccountName?sub?\
             (proxyAddresses=smtp:${quote_ldap:$local_part}@${domain})}\
           {$value}\
           {\
            ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}\
          }}
     file_transport = address_file
     pipe_transport = address_pipe

--