Re: [Exim] calculating system requirements

Author: Lars Mainka
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] calculating system requirements
Hi Rossz,

in my mind this would be really fast enough for your described requirements.
We are using exim 4.24 on FreeBSD with MySQL, POP3 and IMAP (with
courier-imap and MySQL auth) on one of our mailservers. The slowest system
is a P II 450 with a 10GB HDD and 256 MB memory and round about 50 users on
it with each 100MB mail quota , but it is fast enough. The slowest part here
is the courier-imap.

If you are sure about the disk space will be enough, it depends on the mail
load on your system. Our system (this P II system) will handle round about
5000 mails a month with no remarkable speed problems.