Re: [Exim] calculating system requirements

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] calculating system requirements
> > will usually do the job just fine. If you are looking at
> > purchasing a 'new' system then going to your favorite
> > computer provider and asking for the $500.00 special
> > should be more than enough.

> For a small business looking to save any way they can, that's
> fine. I believe you can get an HP compaq d220 pretty cheap
> (Work bought me one for > my desk.

I wasn't actually shopping for a new computer to make a mail server.
I bought a shuttle sk41g a few months ago and am very happy with it.
With an xp1900+ CPU, 512Meg memory, CD/DVD reader, and 80 gig hard
drive, it was still well under $500 and is way more computer than I
need for my server, but I like having room to grow. Oh, no floppy
drive in that thing. I didn't want one. I have my Laks watch if I
need to transfer files without the network.

My original question about calculating the system requirements is
because I'm sometimes asked questions of this sort. I would prefer
to be able to give a more informed answer than my usual SWAG
(Scientific Wild Ass Guess).

Rossz
--
Fogalmam sincs, mi van ide írva.