RE: [Exim] Sender address does not resolve?

Author: Patrice Fournier
To: Wong Chee How
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Sender address does not resolve?
Hi,

Quoting Wong Chee How <chwong74@???>:

> I am sorry that I have not provided enough info. I am new to this. My
> sincerest apologies. This email is sent by address
> sg77-bounces@???

[...]
> SMTP<< 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address ag77-bounces@???
> does not resolve

It seems your DNS provider nameservers will answer correctly if you know
their IP address... but you can't find their IP address from their
hostname. ns1.idealhub.com doesn't know about itself even though it is the
authoritative domain server for idealhub.com. Same for ns2.idealhub.com. So
any resolver that get those nameservers IP from the .com root nameserver
will be able to resolve zuoinyam.net. If a resolver tries to get the IP
address of the nameserver from it's authoritative server, it won't find it
and won't be able to resolve zionyam.net (nor idealhub.com) addresses.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???