Re: [Exim] Using ACLs to verify RCPT TO

Author: Tony Finch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Using ACLs to verify RCPT TO
"Alan J. Flavell" <a.flavell@???> wrote:

>Considering that there are some miscreants out there who try to weed
>out their spamming lists by this means, I'm not sure that I'd want to
>co-operate in that way: I'd rather tell them that they are blacklisted
>(whether by local blacklists or RBLs) than assist them in their
>trawling expeditions by handing out information on the (non-)existence
>of particular local parts.

It's a very bad idea to accept email for invalid addresses, because then
you have to generate a bounce which will probably go to an innocent
third party. Spammers do not bother weeding out their address lists,
since doing so is about as much effort as a spam run and it doesn't
bring in money like a spam run does.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
NORTH FORELAND TO SELSEY BILL: SOUTH 4, INCREASING 6 OR 7, BECOMING CYCLONIC 5