Re: [Exim] Inbound Hosts without valid rDNS

Author: Tony Earnshaw
Subject: Re: [Exim] Inbound Hosts without valid rDNS
tir, 30.12.2003 kl. 02.41 skrev Wakko Warner:

> > That's pretty damn useless.
> >
> > Broken reverse DNS is worse than no reverse DNS at all.
>
> Why don't you crawl back under the rock in which you came and quit trolling
> the list every time someone says something you feel you should step in on?
> It's been quite apparent you live in your own world and you rarely ever
> agree with anyone else.

I agree utterly and completely with Greg. This reply is also minted for
eli@??? (sic).

There are those who take the trouble to play by the book, and those who:

j u s t c a n n o t b e b o t h e r e d

and will invent any old excuse for their ignorance or laziness (take
your pick - there are no other choices).

I deliberately chose for a kosher ISP, Demon Internet, one of the
reasons being, that Demon Internet *plays by the book*. No single
demon.net or demon.nl domain has a foully configured reverse DNS. Demon
will not brook foully configured DNS. By which I mean, that if an ISP
has been granted the privilege of configuring his delegated zones,

i n c l u d i n g in-addr.arpa

then that ISP should honor, respect and be proud of that privilege.

Here in the Netherlands, there are enough cr*pp* ISPs to choose from
(including daughter-ISPs of the largest ISP in the Netherlands, KPN),
each one trying to underbid the other, who have to cut costs to justify
their economic policy. One of the first ways they choose, is by not
playing by the book. "No-one will know anyway, no-one will care, lets
all play Windows-think".

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl