Re: [Exim] exim4 smart host - how to use it only when non-sm…

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: LIST - Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim4 smart host - how to use it only when non-smarthost fails
On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 04:47:07PM -0700, Dan Egli wrote:
>     Yes a lot of people block dynamic IPs because spammers use them
> frequently. I understand that. But when you don't trust your ISP's mail
> server any farther than you can throw it, and they are the ONLY high
> speed ISP you have access to, it does leave quite a problem. The

Your problem, not ours.

Tell me, in good, plain, english why I should trust your mailserver than
someone running windows with an open relay that he doesn't even know exists
on the same cable ISP?

When I hear a good argument that convinces me why I should, I'll reconsider
my policy of dialup users. I've yet to hear a good one, though.

MBM