Re: [Exim] aliases

Autor: Kirill Miazine
A: Michael Johnson
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] aliases
* Michael Johnson [2003-12-24 12:09]:
> I have an exim installation on an OS X machine. I'm running mailman on
> the same machine and have an /etc/aliases file set up (duplicated at
> /etc/mail/aliases and /etc/postfix/aliases just in case).

What case? At least, get rid of /etc/postfix/aliases. You're not running
Postfix, are you?

> When trying to get mail to go out to a list, it runs through a pipe
> alias. This appears to be out of order. In my configuration file for
> exim, I have:
>
> system_aliases:
> driver = redirect
> allow_fail
> allow_defer
> data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
> user = smmsp
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
>
> I've tried changing the user from exim, to smmsp, to mailman, and a few
> others I can't remember. I've tried with and without the group
> setting.

The user does not matter, the group does. What did you specify as gid
with --with-mail-gid when configuring Mailman?

> The bounce message I get shows:

>   mailman@???
>     local delivery failed

What do the logs say (Exim's mainlog and Mailman's error log)?

FYI

    http://www.no.exim.org/howto/mailman.html (Exim 3, old stuff)
    http://www.no.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

See config sample C042 for a HOWTO on how to make Exim 4 and Mailman 2.0
work together.

--
Kirill Miazine
mailto:km@krot.org