[Exim] aliases

Autor: Michael Johnson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] aliases
Hi all

I have an exim installation on an OS X machine. I'm running mailman on
the same machine and have an /etc/aliases file set up (duplicated at
/etc/mail/aliases and /etc/postfix/aliases just in case). When trying
to get mail to go out to a list, it runs through a pipe alias. This
appears to be out of order. In my configuration file for exim, I have:

system_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
user = smmsp
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

I've tried changing the user from exim, to smmsp, to mailman, and a few
others I can't remember. I've tried with and without the group
setting.

The bounce message I get shows:

   mailman@???
     local delivery failed