Re: [Exim] aliases

Autor: Michael Johnson
A: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] aliases
On Dec 24, 2003, at 12:31 PM, Kirill Miazine wrote:

> * Michael Johnson [2003-12-24 12:09]:
>> I have an exim installation on an OS X machine. I'm running mailman on
>> the same machine and have an /etc/aliases file set up (duplicated at
>> /etc/mail/aliases and /etc/postfix/aliases just in case).
>
> What case? At least, get rid of /etc/postfix/aliases. You're not
> running
> Postfix, are you?

In case I decide to go back. I really like Exim better and have been
running it on my main machine. The list machine was running sendmail
until the recent update to OS X changed it to Postfix which I don't
like although I can't really quantify why.

>> I've tried changing the user from exim, to smmsp, to mailman, and a
>> few
>> others I can't remember. I've tried with and without the group
>> setting.
>
> The user does not matter, the group does. What did you specify as gid
> with --with-mail-gid when configuring Mailman?

The group I used was mailman. Should I remove the user setting there
and add the "group = mailman" setting back in?

> What do the logs say (Exim's mainlog and Mailman's error log)?

It doesn't even get to mailman and in the mainlog, several identical
entries except for the message ID and timestamp:

2003-12-24 08:00:09 HQEHG9-0001MI-BO ** mailman@smudette
<mailman-bounces@smudette> R=mailman_router T=mailman_transport: Child
process of mailman_transport transport returned 127 (could mean unable
to exec or command does not exist) from command:
/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper

> FYI
>
>     http://www.no.exim.org/howto/mailman.html (Exim 3, old stuff)
>     http://www.no.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

> See config sample C042 for a HOWTO on how to make Exim 4 and Mailman
> 2.0
> work together.

I'll take another look at these to double check my settings.

-Michael