Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 12:54 +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> At the moment my trial configuration (which is
> still waiting for me to have time to test it properly) does some tests in
> the MAIL ACL to determine if the sender is authorized, i.e. whether the
> host is on a local network, or whether SMTP AUTH worked, etc. This sets an
> ACL variable which controls the behaviour of the RCPT ACL (MX mode versus
> message submission mode),

For the record (since it bit me in testing)... if you're adding the
Message-ID in an ACL, and you're also rejecting messages without
Message-ID, the latter test will still trigger if the Message-ID was
added by the former. You need to adjust your conditions on the test for
absent Message-ID, to exempt those message for which you wanted to _add_
a Message-ID of your own.

Yes, this is probably made abundantly clear in the documentation, but
that didn't stop me screwing it up briefly :)

--
dwmw2