Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users, David Woodhouse
CC: Kevin Reed
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
At 11:52 am +0000 2003/12/22, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
>> When I connect from localhost there's no associated remote host address;
>> only an associated _local_ host address :)
>
>In the implementation of Exim, "local" in this sense means "not via
>TCP/IP". The loopback address is not treated specially in the code. As
>far as Exim is concerned, it is a "remote host". OK, I know this is
>confusing, and maybe it's not the best approach, but that's the way it's
>always been.

yes, but why the change? I could not find any trace of a discussion
in the list, and the only one pertinent to the subject seems to point
otherwise:

At 9:35 am +0000 2003/11/11, Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Phil Pennock wrote:
>
>> Is there a particular reason why Exim always fixes up the Resent-
>> headers, including adding new headers?
>
>RFC822 and RFC2822 specify that certain header lines must be present.
>Exim makes sure this is the case. IIRC, it is still working to 822,
>which insists on more lines than 2822.
>
>2822 requires Date: and From: whereas 822 also requires either To: or
>Cc: or Bcc: (again, IIRC).

Can you remember why point 56 of 4.30 ChangeLog happened?

Thanks

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/