Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Author: David Woodhouse
To: exim-users
CC: Kevin Reed
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 11:52 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> > When I connect from localhost there's no associated remote host address;
> > only an associated _local_ host address :)
>
> In the implementation of Exim, "local" in this sense means "not via
> TCP/IP".

Well, I was testing with 'exim -bs' but I'll concede :)

I've fixed it up with an ACL as I demonstrated, since otherwise my own
mail servers were rejecting messages which my own mailman installation
sent out via localhost.

Perhaps the list of hosts for which this header fixup is done could be
made an extra option though -- it could default to ':' as it does in
4.30, but then people could change it to '*' or '+relay_hosts' as they
desire for compatibility with previous behaviour.

OTOH it is all fixable with an ACL so it's hardly imperative to do so.

--
dwmw2