Re: [Exim] Exim not delivery local messages

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: David Shauger
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim not delivery local messages
--
* David Shauger <dshauger@???> [20031219 19:02]: wrote:
> --
> > Yes - looks like Exim's not setuid root, as Philip said (root uid is
> > 0). Check what users are UID 88 and 100 - that will give you some clue
> > for the incorrect setting you're looking for. If you still can't get
> > it to work, run Exim in debug mode (-d at command line) and send me
> > the output.
> >
> > Incidenally, if you could try setting the Exim user (and group)
> > options to whatever user / group are 100, as it's probably quicker and
> > might give you an alternative way of looking at the problem.
>
> Here is some of the debug code. I tried to set Exim to run as gid 100,
> but I might not have done that correctly as it still appears to be
> running as gid 20 and uid 88

Some well known person called Philip Hazel said: "Check that the binary
is setuid root."

That is the same as saying, do the following, while you are root:

chmod 4755 `which exim`
chown root `which exim`

[copy and paste those commands] then press enter, OKAY????

After that, if the problem persists, consult a doctor. It is serious!!

Have a nice weekend.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post