Re: [Exim] Exim not delivery local messages

Author: David Shauger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim not delivery local messages
> Yes - looks like Exim's not setuid root, as Philip said (root uid is
> 0). Check what users are UID 88 and 100 - that will give you some clue
> for the incorrect setting you're looking for. If you still can't get
> it to work, run Exim in debug mode (-d at command line) and send me
> the output.
>
> Incidenally, if you could try setting the Exim user (and group)
> options to whatever user / group are 100, as it's probably quicker and
> might give you an alternative way of looking at the problem.

Here is some of the debug code. I tried to set Exim to run as gid 100,
but I might not have done that correctly as it still appears to be
running as gid 20 and uid 88

6462 search_open: mysql "NULL"
6462 search_find: file="NULL"
6462 key="SELECT quota FROM passwd WHERE user = 'overt' AND domain =
'jakeandmel.com'" partial=-1 affix=NULL starflags=0
6462 LRU list:
6462 internal_search_find: file="NULL"
6462 type=mysql key="SELECT quota FROM passwd WHERE user = 'overt' AND
domain = 'jakeandmel.com'"
6462 database lookup required for SELECT quota FROM passwd WHERE user =
'overt' AND domain = 'jakeandmel.com'
6462 MYSQL query: SELECT quota FROM passwd WHERE user = 'overt' AND
domain = 'jakeandmel.com'
6462 MYSQL new connection: host=localhost port=0 socket=NULL
database=email_db user=root
6462 lookup yielded: 20
6462 LOG: MAIN PANIC DIE
6462 unable to set gid=100 or uid=100 (euid=88): local delivery to
overt <overt@???> transport=mysql_delivery
6462 search_tidyup called
6462 close MYSQL connection: localhost/email_db/root
6462 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Exim pid=6462 terminating with rc=1

Sollos Technology Solutions
11877 Douglas Road #102-150
Alpharetta GA 30005
678-343-6734 - voice