[Exim] non-printing character 10

Author: Jan Suchanek
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] non-printing character 10
Hello,

it seems that I have a little problem with non-printing characters in
mail headers processed by exim.

In a transport which returns mails to a sender who is not allowed to
send a mail to a specific address:

lreject:
driver = autoreply
user = exim
from = mailadmin
to = $h_from
subject = "Re: $h_subject"

In the "from" is a return:

Expansion of "$h_from" in lreject transport contains non-printing
character 10

First of all I would like to understand where the problem is here... As
far as I know it is perfectly legal to have a "return" in the FROM-Header...

Secondly it would be nice to find a way to prevent the transport to bail
out as soon as such address comes through. I found something in the
lists that you could use "escape" to make it a little saver (but only in
the filter?)...

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings, Jan Suchanek

--
Jan Suchanek,
Universitaet Ulm,

89069 Ulm, Germany
Raum: O27/3302

Tel.: +49/(0)731-5031312, Fax: +49/(0)731-5031302