Re: [Exim] TMDA

Author: Walt Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TMDA
On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 10:55:06AM +0000, Nigel Metheringham said:
> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 10:35, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 09:18:23AM +0000, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > > A significant number of anti-spam people *hate* challenge-response
> > > systems. I haven't looked at TMDA to see if it overcomes the problems
> > > (and I don't believe it's possible).
> >
> > There's no coincidence that we refer to them as:
> > Challenge-Response Authentication Programs (abbrev. CRAP).

<snip>

> The few times I have responded to a mailing list post to someone's
> personal address and hit a TDMA like system I have just shrugged and
> moved on without responding.

Ditto. If the person using CRAP posts a question and I spend the time
crafting a response, I'm sure as hell not going to jump through hoops.

Whats worse are the morons that send you private mail first, and you
respond and get a challenge. They should at LEAST auto-whitelist
everyone they send mail TO. These people go in my killfile. The havaoc
it causes to autoresponders like ticketing systems (support@) can be
QUITE severe - mail looping and such.