Re: [Exim] sa-exim

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sa-exim
Hi De, on 18 Dec 2003 16:03:28 +0000 you wrote:

> > Fundamentally (putting aside what happens if you use it as a loadable
> > module) sa-exim is not actually a patch to Exim (as Exiscan-ACL is),
> > rather an implementation of a local_scan function.
> If I understand, it's not necessary to patch exim with sa-exim patch ?

You don't patch the Exim core code; you simply replace local_scan.c with
the local_scan.c from SA-Exim.

> But in this case exim complain about the local_scan_path =
> /usr/local/exim/sa-exim-3.1.so

There are two ways to use SA-Exim:

- just replace local_scan.c and build

- use the dlopen patch (where local_scan modules can be dynamically
loaded). This requires you patch the core of Exim with the dlopen patch
*and* build SA-Exim.

All I can tell you is that the first way works without problems on Exim
4.30, and should do on any subsequent release as long as the local_scan
interface doesn't change.

Tim