Re: [Exim] sa-exim

Author: De Leeuw Guy
To: EXIM
Subject: Re: [Exim] sa-exim
Le jeu 18/12/2003 à 12:26, Tim Jackson a écrit :
> Hi De, on 18 Dec 2003 12:49:45 +0000 you wrote:
>
> > sa-exim 3.1 work with exim 4.30 ?
>
> Yes, at least if you just use it as a "normal" local_scan extension; I
> don't know the situation if you use it with the "pluggable local_scan"
> patch (it probably depends if the "pluggable local_scan" patch is
> available for 4.30)

Not available, but I try it : patch exim with sa-exim, compiling exim
and all work.

> Fundamentally (putting aside what happens if you use it as a loadable
> module) sa-exim is not actually a patch to Exim (as Exiscan-ACL is),
> rather an implementation of a local_scan function. So as long as Philip
> doesn't change the local_scan API in such a way that it breaks backward
> compatibility (which I should think is fairly unlikely without a
> compelling reason to do so), it should work in future releases too.

If I understand, it's not necessary to patch exim with sa-exim patch ?
But in this case exim complain about the local_scan_path =
/usr/local/exim/sa-exim-3.1.so
does exist another way to build exim without sa-exim patch ??

Thanks for your respons,
Guy