[Exim] Long lines in message body

Author: Peter Rindfuss
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Long lines in message body
exim 4.30

I would like to restrict the length of lines in the body of an
incoming message. We have an email client that chokes on long lines,
and sometimes we receive messages (usually spam) with lines with
several thousand chars in length (usually HTML). Is there a way to do
this in an ACL?

BTW, shouldn't Exim always do something against such long lines?
RFCs 821, 2821 and 2822 state that lines in messages *must* not be
longer than 1000 characters, including crlf.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Peter Rindfuß

Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung
Email: rindfuss@???
Tel: ++49-30-25491-566 Fax: ++49-30-25491-558