Re: [Exim] Domain literals: weighing up the arguments

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Domain literals: weighing up the arguments
James P. Roberts said:
> Having listened to the arguments for a while, I am convinced that my own
> server should accept incoming to postmaster@[my.ser.ver.ip]. It need not
> support any other use of IP literals. The exim.conf snippets above are
> nice as far as they go, but are not complete.
>
> For one thing, what's the syntax to put one's own IP literal(s) into
> "+domain_literals"? (And can it be done without hard-coding IP
> addresses?)
>
> Also, does one also have to set "allow_domain_literals = true"? If so,
> this would not achieve the objective, which is to support ONLY incoming
> to postmaster@[IPLITERAL], and not any other IP literal addressing.

The rule above which checks for the postmaster@[my.ser.ver.ip] will only
match that. Any user other than postmaster unless you specifically add
them will be unrouteable.

I took Tom's note and filled it in with what I used on my own personal
seerver which I am testing until I roll it out to all of them:

http://exim.got-there.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=420

I added the check with the same rule I check for postmaster and abuse so I
actually accept either with a domain litereral... However, if you attempt
to use any other username it fails.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums