Re: [Exim] Domain literals: weighing up the arguments

Author: James P. Roberts
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Domain literals: weighing up the arguments
<snip>
> > ... Some automated RBL removal procedures require
> > you to receive mail for postmaster@[BLOCKED_IP]. Also, it is required
> > for RFC compliance and it should do no harm.

<snip>

> > I have this is RCPT ACL:
> >
> > # Always accept mail to postmaster, for
> > # both our domains and the systems IP literals.
> > accept  local_parts   = postmaster
> >         domains       = +relay_to_domains : +domain_literals

> > And a router:
> >
> > # route postmaster@[IPLITERAL] to postmaster
> > postmaster_ipliteral:
> >    driver = redirect
> >    data = postmaster
> >    local_parts = postmaster
> >    domains = +domain_literals

> > /tom

Having listened to the arguments for a while, I am convinced that my own
server should accept incoming to postmaster@[my.ser.ver.ip]. It need not
support any other use of IP literals. The exim.conf snippets above are nice
as far as they go, but are not complete.

For one thing, what's the syntax to put one's own IP literal(s) into
"+domain_literals"? (And can it be done without hard-coding IP addresses?)

Also, does one also have to set "allow_domain_literals = true"? If so, this
would not achieve the objective, which is to support ONLY incoming to
postmaster@[IPLITERAL], and not any other IP literal addressing.

Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.