Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim
Ken Lowther wrote:

> My biggest complaint with Qmail was that it was too fragmented for my taste. I
> thought it might be a better project if it were maintained in the same manner
> the Linux kernel is. Have you thought about that?
>
> Ken

Not to throw any negatives at Linus or the kernel team - Linux has been
a great environment for fostering innovation. Lots of things have been
invented there... some many times over in subtly different ways. Thus
thrives computer Darwinism <G>.

- But Linux has also become somewhat of an anarchistic free-for-all
along the way (what - over 100 distros now?). Getting to be a 'moving
target' for those building to it.

As Exim is a mature and quite stable "single release" product, I would
suggest the more conservative FreeBSD project management 'boardroom'
approach, else Exim might risk becoming fragmented in future...

JMTCW

Bill Hacker