Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> I've just caught up on this thread, and I have to say that I view it
> with some trepidation.

Thank you for your support. The fact is, however, that sooner or later I
will have to stop being the sole maintainer. It may not be for 5 years,
but it will eventually happen. Of course, Exim may have been superseded
by some new MTA by then, but I'm assuming that it won't happen that
quickly. What I am hoping to achieve by the proper discussion next year
(I hope this "pre-discussion" now dies) is an orderly and agreed
transition to a new regime that is generally supported by the Exim
community. I am not expecting this to be quick.

Philip