Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ken Lowther, Suresh Ramasubramanian, Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Ken Lowther wrote:

> My biggest complaint with Qmail was that it was too fragmented for my taste. I
> thought it might be a better project if it were maintained in the same manner
> the Linux kernel is. Have you thought about that?

As my post said, I am intending to start a discussion early next year.
All I have thought about so far is "I/we need to think about this".

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Marc Perkel wrote:

> I know how you feel. I used to be a one man band software vendor too.
> But these days there is an infastructure to support collaborative
> computing projects and it should work for Exim just like any other project.

I don't know how the Linux kernel or mozilla firebird is maintained.
Part of the "discussion" will no doubt involve learning about these
things. But I want to get a description of the current situation written
so that everybody in the discussion starts from the same base line.
I do not want to preempt the discussion.