Re: [Exim] Malware and Spam Scanning in an ISP environment w…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Hilko Bengen
CC: exim-users, Marc Haber
Subject: Re: [Exim] Malware and Spam Scanning in an ISP environment with "Mandantenfaehigkeit"
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Hilko Bengen wrote:

> > If so, it should not be too hard to write an interface for it. This
> > has in fact been on the Wish List for quite a long time.
>
> I am willing to do this; I have written a Milter client (the MTA's
> side) implementation in Perl that can be hooked into the system filter
> via a simple Perl expansion. Although this code has been in productive
> use on an ISP mail server for some months now and hasn't caused any
> problems there, I'd still rather view it as proof-of-concept code. I
> think it's time to rewrite the thing in C. :-)
>
> For the best possible flexibility on the admin's side, I'd like to
> provide as an expansion item (or a set of expansion items) which could
> be called from various places in the Exim configuration file. Would
> this work and would you accept a patch that implements this?

I think that would work, at least in the places where the message is
available - essentially after the DATA phase during input, and then
during delivery. There are a number of functions already in the code
that should help with the implementation. I would certainly be happy to
consider a patch.

Philip