[Exim] Exim-4.24 and clustering software

Author: Jamie Nudds
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim-4.24 and clustering software
Hi

I want to use "heartbeat" clustering software for high availabilty on x2
Exim servers
DMZ mail gateways. Both servers will have there own local IP address and
there
will be x1 virtual IP address which will be the IP in DNS for the MX
server.
(which the exim config on both servers needs to be configured for).

Then heartbeat will handle the IP takeover of the "MX virtaul IP" and
start Exim running
on the slave if the master server fails. I sort of tested it all and
seems to work, but
just wondering if anyone has already done this, if so has there been any
problems?

The only thing in Exim I changed, was the primary_hostname from the
servers real
name to the "virtual IP address name" and this seemed to work okay.

Cheers

jamie