Re: [Exim] Exim-4.24 and clustering software

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Jamie Nudds
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim-4.24 and clustering software
Jamie Nudds writes on 12/1/2003 7:18 AM:
> Then heartbeat will handle the IP takeover of the "MX virtaul IP" and
> start Exim running
> on the slave if the master server fails. I sort of tested it all and

there is no need to stop it / start it - have it running as a daemon.

> seems to work, but
> just wondering if anyone has already done this, if so has there been any
> problems?

it is a rather expensive solution - a "quick and dirty" one you can try
for free is just multiple A records for the same hostname.

cluster    IN    A     10.0.0.1
    IN    A    10.1.2.3
    IN    A    10.10.30.200

etc etc.

However if you want heartbeat sort of stuff then you can do it that way
too ...

    srs