Re: [Exim] Exim and RFC 2821 compliance token:201ce6be1e4ee8…

Author: Ken Lowther
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Attn: Ken Lowther (was Exim and RFC 2821 compliance)
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and RFC 2821 compliance token:201ce6be1e4ee8b816008ad52cb06cde:JXr(JcSd
Quoting Willie Viljoen <will@???>:

> > > No, not "shame", it's a catastrophe :-)
> > >
> > > Makes me wonder what the qualifications:
> > >
> > > - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
> > > Certified Novell Instructor (CNI), Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT),
> > > Netscape/Iplanet Solution Expert, Cisco Certified Network Associate
> (CCNA),
> > > Check Point Certified Security Engineer (CCSE Firewall-1) -
> > >
> > > are worth.
> >
> > Not much IMHO. Personally, I have found that people touting their
> > certificates (especially in a sig) do so because they don't have much
> > (or any) real-world experience. Maybe it makes them feel more secure,
> > or more important. I certianly wound't hire such a person.
> >

> If you ask me, they are worth absolutely nothing, especially if we take this
> guy as an example. They still continue to do this though, the problem is not
> with the cave dwellers who do this, but the people who encourage this, they
> are called Human Resources departments.

Education and training "worth absolutely nothing"? You guys are tough! So many
people qualified to throw that first stone now days. :( I guess this is
easier than emailing the guy a heads up.

Ken Lowther
Comprehensive Internet Services
Vice President