Re: [Exim] OT: Problem sending mail to verizon.net

Author: SVLUG
To: I. Forbes
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Problem sending mail to verizon.net
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 03:09:31PM +0200, I. Forbes said:
> Our customers are complaining they can't send e-mail to addresses of
> the format <user>@verizon.net.
>
> It seems their main incoming relay is doing some checking at the
> "MAIL FROM:" command and the session times out.

Verizon DOES do a sender verify.

> It seems the problem occurs when the mail from address is hosted in
> South Africa. I have tried a number of them without success,
> "hotmail" addresses don't seem to work either, but when I put in an
> address hosted in Europe, it works.
>
> Any suggestions, I can't even send e-mail to <postmaster@???>
> address? (Maybe someone can forward this to that address)

The Verizon postmaster (Hi Paul!) does read this list. Maybe he will
respond to you off list. Since they started doing sender verification,
there has been some sporatic issues, most being resolved. There has been
several people bringing up similar problems in the private verizon
newsgroups. I'm pretty sure they are aware of these problems, but it is
possible that something is being triggered by your domain / ip block /
SMTP conversation.