Re: [Exim] OT: Problem sending mail to verizon.net

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Problem sending mail to verizon.net
[ On Tuesday, November 4, 2003 at 08:47:08 (-0500), Walt Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Problem sending mail to verizon.net
>
> The Verizon postmaster (Hi Paul!) does read this list. Maybe he will
> respond to you off list. Since they started doing sender verification,
> there has been some sporatic issues, most being resolved.

I dont think "sporadic" is the word (regardless of how you spell it! :-)

I suspect (though I have not investigated to be 100% sure) this stupid
use of "active" sender address verification (a concept broken by design)
is the reason why verizon.net continues to be listed in both the
postmaster and abuse zones of the rfc-ignorant.org DNSBL.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>