Re: [Exim] OT Verizon.net

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT Verizon.net
--
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:50:00PM -0700, Kevin Reed said:
> Is anyone else having problems with Verizon.net? We have a number of mail
> servers that have a vareity of domains that use verizon.net as their mail
> servers.
>
> For days now, all of them have been getting the following message when
> attempting to connect...
>
> 450 Requested mail action not taken-Try later:sc009.verizon.net
>
> I've now tried from more than 10 different mail servers on different
> networks with a variety of mail servers with the same results. One worked
> fine, but then didn't work the next time I tried.
>
> I've attempted to contact their postmaster's account (same result) and
> some other IP related accounts but have never gotten a response even
> though those went through.
>
> Are they blocking mail or just having a big problem?
>
> bellatlantic.net
> gte.net
>
> verizon.net.            28039   IN      MX       relay.verizon.net.
> relay.verizon.net.      573     IN      A       206.46.170.12

Yes - it looks like they're doing some kind of sender verify, but they
send data without waiting for the helo reply, so exim rejects that. :(

Today, a few messages went through, and then it stopped again. I've
tried writing their postmaster, but had the same result - I guess they
don't exempt postmaster from the checks. If this continues, I'll send
an email through a smarthost to them - maybe that'll work.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Q: What is orange and goes "click,      |
|  steve@???             | click?" A: A ball point carrot.         |