Re: [Exim] Refuse connection if no MX for sending host

Author: Rick Duvall
To: Matthew Byng-Maddick, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Refuse connection if no MX for sending host
Yeah, that's what I mean. Seems like a lot of steps, doesn't it?

Maybe a better way to do this is to look at the "mail from", extract the
domain portion of the from address, and then check to see if the IP of the
connecting host is the MX for the domain of the sender. If it isn't, reject
at the point of RCPT To, otherwise accept. That wouldn't require as many
lookups in DNS at least and would be a little quicker.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall