AW: [Exim] AUTH LOGIN PLAIN and old e-mail clients

Author: Matthias Lewandowski
To: 'Robert Heron'
CC: exim-users
Subject: AW: [Exim] AUTH LOGIN PLAIN and old e-mail clients

AFAIK

the outlook express clients wait for a prompt "Username" and "Password",
so there is need of a additional authenticator for those.
Here an example using pam:

fixed_login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
server_condition = ${if pam{$1:$2}{yes}{no}}
server_set_id = $1

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Matthias Lewandowski
Telefon +49 (30) 59 00 69-0
Telefax +49 (30) 59 00 69-99
COM.BOX Internet Service GmbH
Potsdamer Strasse 96 - D-10785 Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 71171
Geschäftsführer: Lutz Treutler
<http://www.combox.de/> - <mailto:support@combox.de>