RE: [Exim] :fail: from a router

Author: Lane Vance
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] :fail: from a router
>> > Anyone else using user defined white and blacklists?
>> > If so, how are you implementing them?
>>
>> Shouldn't your blacklist be implemented in the RCPT TO-acl ?
>> It seems like a nicer place and saves you the bounces in your mailq.
>
>You can do that along with verify = recipient in rcpt acl. I've done this
>before.

Ah - I do have verify = recipient in my rcpt acl. And this is where the
"unknown user" error is coming from. With this in the ACLs, Exim has to
make a run through the routers to make sure it can deliver the message,
correct? Since my blacklist router fails the message, the ACL rejects the
sender, correct? This clears the fog in my head quite a bit!

Now, is there any way for me to have the ACL set different errors to
return? My whole point for doing this is to allow each individual POP
user to set their own scan prefs, whitelists and blacklists. Otherwise I
would do it all in my ACLs rather than having headers set in the ACL and
looking for them in the routers.

Could I do this in transports instead? Every example I have seen have
been routers. I guess that is my next documentation reading project. :-)

-Lane