Re: [Exim] relaying only for authenticated users

Author: Rob Ristroph
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relaying only for authenticated users
>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Metzler <eximusers@???> writes:
Andreas>
Andreas> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 12:46:19PM -0500, Rob Ristroph wrote:

Andreas> passwd.client is for exim acting as side SMTP _client_.

Andreas> Generate /etc/exim4/passwd
Andreas> # The examples below are for server side authentication; they allow two
Andreas> # styles of plain-text authentication against an CONFDIR/passwd file
Andreas> # which should have user IDs in the first column and crypted passwords
Andreas> # in the second. The columns need to be separated by ':'. For CRAM-MD5
Andreas> # exim needs access to the UNENCRYPTED passwd - the example below assumes
Andreas> # it is avalable in the third column of CONFDIR/passwd
Andreas>
Andreas> and activate the _server_ side authenticators in
Andreas> /etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples you want to use
Andreas> by removing the hash-mark '#' in front of the respective lines.
Andreas>
Andreas> Done.
Andreas>           cu andreas

Confusing the cases when exim is the client and the server was exactly
my problem.

I had to take out the plain and login authenticators for when exim is
a client, because otherwise the ones for when exim was a server had
the same name. I presume if you have to do both you can just give
them different names, such as plain_client and login_client ?

In any case, many thanks for the assistance -- I really appreciate it.

--Rob