Re: [Exim] Help filtering out From:<>

Author: Russell King
To: usermail1
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help filtering out From:<>
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:14:55AM -0600, usermail1 wrote:
> I am new to Exim and am very impressed with the flexibility of it. My
> network runs Sendmail server but I have set up an Exim server as a
> gateway in order to run anti-spam/anti-virus stuff before it hits the
> internal servers. We get an EXTREME amount of "Mail From: <>".
> Probably about 2000+ an hour. These are killing the anti-spam software.
> Here is what I would like to do. I would like to tell Exim that if it
> sees "Mail From: <>", to just pass it on to the next hop and not bother
> with scanning it.

If you block "MAIL FROM:<>" you will be preventing bounce messages being
returned to your system. Also those of us who verify the validity of
addresses won't be able to verify them on your system, so we won't accept
your mail.

IOW, never, ever block MAIL FROM:<>.

--
Russell King (rmk@???)    http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/