Re: [Exim] Blacklisted by Yahoo! Request for help

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: Peter Bowyer
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blacklisted by Yahoo! Request for help
--
* Peter Bowyer <peter@???> [20031009 16:43]: wrote:
> <wash@???> wrote :
>
> > * Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
> > > Well, it isn't secure then, is it? If you blindly relay for someone you
> > > don't trust, or whose own security you don't trust.....
> >
> > This happens alot in an ISP environment.
>
> Yep, tell me about it.
>
> > When he dials up, he's assigned an IP via our NASes, and those IPs
> > are in my +relay_from_hosts.
> >
> > Now tell me, do I or do I not trust that IP??
>
> Your choice. But if you do, you need to put in sufficient checks and
> controls to monitor activity, limit potential abuse and take action against
> abusers. Probably involving manual processes.

You are right in that. I am actually working towards some very stringent
measures ...

> No good yelling at Yahoo when one of your customers misbehaves and gets you
> blacklisted if you haven't got the procedures in place.

Well, it turns out that I am not alone in this, and it also seems Yahoo is
relying on some dead dnsbl that returns positive for everything.

And on top of this yahoo never honors callouts ;)

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post
--
[ Content of type application/x-pkcs7-signature deleted ]