Re: [Exim] Directory updates with Linux 2.6

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Directory updates with Linux 2.6
On Thursday 09 October 2003 04:49, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Sounds weird to run a _server_ with no disks, but I don't live in the
> Real World, so what do I know? :-)

It's beginning to happen, Philip. While our (webhosting) data center
(sorry about the U.S. spelling <smile>) still runs <> 50 discrete 1-U
servers, many larger webhosting companies are looking at blade-servers
with small hard-drives on the blade and NFS storage, SAN storage or NAS
storage available online.

Aside from everything else, it makes backups a lot easier.

Iirc, one of the servers in our data center runs Plesk Server
Administrator, which uses qmail (no boos, please <smile>). When I read
the qmail book I found the author made a big deal over how qmail was
the best server to use with distributed storage. I make no comment on
whether that's true or not; we've never been interested in distributed
storage and I've never looked into any of the claims.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation