Re: [Exim] Blacklisted by Yahoo! Request for help

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Odhiambo G. Washington, Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Blacklisted by Yahoo! Request for help
<wash@???> wrote :

> * Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
> > Well, it isn't secure then, is it? If you blindly relay for someone you
> > don't trust, or whose own security you don't trust.....
>
> This happens alot in an ISP environment.

Yep, tell me about it.

> When he dials up, he's assigned an IP via our NASes, and those IPs
> are in my +relay_from_hosts.
>
> Now tell me, do I or do I not trust that IP??

Your choice. But if you do, you need to put in sufficient checks and
controls to monitor activity, limit potential abuse and take action against
abusers. Probably involving manual processes.

No good yelling at Yahoo when one of your customers misbehaves and gets you
blacklisted if you haven't got the procedures in place.

Peter