[Exim] Exim Config (minor) Problem?

Author: mpierce
To: Exim
Subject: [Exim] Exim Config (minor) Problem?
Using a notebook connected to a lan which gets the mail using exim,
fetchmail, procmail, spamassassin and evolution . Everything worked in
perfect harmony until... I had to change my adsl supplier which had a
static IP and because of changeover (est. 1-2 weeks during which time I
am forced to disconnect from them), I am forced to use dialup (ppp) to
connect.

It appears that exim (exim-tls 3.35-3woody1) is not listening to my
local loopback connection since having to use dialup as I am getting the
following error when cron launches fetchmail every 15 minutes:

fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
mail.optusnet.com.au
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

In exim.conf, I have:
local_domains = localhost:libranet:mail.optusnet.com.au
#libranet name of computer

PPP once configured created a new /etc/resolv.conf

I suspect this is some type of SMTP authentication problem but I cannot
solve it due to limited knowledge.