Re: [Exim] Exim Config (minor) Problem?

Author: Russell King
To: mpierce, Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim Config (minor) Problem?
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 10:07:44AM +0200, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> local_interfaces = < ; 127.0.0.1 ; ::1
>
> followed by any IP-adresses that you might have configured at your
> system and want exim to listen on. From the top of my head '<' stands
> for 'any IP address configured at any local interface', but look that up
> on exim.org to be sure.

'<' means "change the separator character to the one following. Normally
it's ':' but since IPv6 addresses use ':' to separate each component,
it can't be used here. Note that according to the documentation, there
should not be a space between '<' and ';'

So:

local_interfaces = <! 127.0.0.1 ! ::1

is equivalent to:

local_interfaces = <; 127.0.0.1 ; ::1

which is equivalent to the IPv4-only case of:

local_interfaces = 127.0.0.1

See section 6.15 of the exim 4.2x documentation.

--
Russell King (rmk@???)    http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/
      maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/