Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Mark Edwards
CC: Giuliano Gavazzi, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam
On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 19:09, Mark Edwards wrote:
> You guys are suggesting a callout, but I don't want to reject all mail
> that doesn't have a valid return address. Won't a callout interfere
> with email from places that intentionally have a bunk return address to
> prevent people from replying?

There are 2 sets of addresses on a message - the envelope and the
headers. If you don't want people to reply to messages you can give
them a duff header from/reply-to address - although thats pretty silly.
If you send out messages with an invalid envelope sender address then
you don't deserve to have your mail received by anyone.

    Nigel.