Re: [Exim] URGENT: my mail won't send! - relay problem..

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: Andrew Nelson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] URGENT: my mail won't send! - relay problem..
* Andrew Nelson <andrew__nelson@???> [20031004 13:30]: wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just moved some customer domains onto my new exim server which
> seemed to be working fine - but they can't send any mail!
>
> To accept mail for my domains, I have:
>
> domainlist local_domains = ${lookup mysql {SELECT data_domain FROM domains \
>                           WHERE access_mail='1' and data_domain="${domain}"
> }}

> domainlist relay_to_domains = ${lookup mysql {SELECT data_domain FROM
> domains \
>                              WHERE access_mail='1' and
> data_domain="${domain}" }}

> How do I tell Exim to accept any mail for delivery that is from a local
> address (and/or domain?)..
> I'd be happy to do it statically for now, but mysql is preferable. I have a
> list of email address in mysql too (accounts->email_addresses).

BTW, just defining those domainlists in the stock exim configure file should
work for you without much ado, as long as your queries are okay.

All you have to do is to tell Exim how to login to MySQL and do the lookups

hide mysql_servers = localhost::(/tmp/mysql.sock)/DBNAME/DBUSER/DBPASS

Hmm, and whenever you mention the word "URGENT" in the subject of mail to
this list, you're likely to be in trouble with members! Remember you _don_not_
pay them to help you.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post